Meghalaya extends lockdown in East Khasi Hills till May 17
In order to break the chain of the virus in the state, following a review meeting on Saturday, the Meghalaya government has decided to extended lockdown in East Khasi Hills
In order to break the chain of the virus in the state, following a review meeting on Saturday, the Meghalaya government has decided to extended lockdown in East Khasi Hills district till May 17, which includes state capital Shillong.
Earlier, th state government on May 1 had imposed containment measures in East Khasi Hills which was later turned into a lockdown from May 5.
Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong while expressing concern over the increasing trend in Covid cases said these are difficult times for the state and appealed to people to maintain protocols.
Meanwhile, the government has allowed some restrictions to be lifted during this lockdown even as it was decided that the Class XII exams will be postponed further.
However, Essential Commodities’ shops in localities regulated by the Dorbar Shnong will be open with strict adherence to SOPs.
Besides, banks and post offices will be allowed to function with limited employees and Home Delivery of goods will continue.
List of restrictions that will be lifted:
- Essential Commodities’ shops in localities regulated by the Dorbar Shnong will be open with strict adherence to SOPs.
- Class XII examinations will be further postponed. Education Department will issue the notification.
- Weekend lockdown which was imposed last night will continue throughout the State. From 10 PM (Friday) till 5 AM (Monday).
- Banks and Post Offices will be allowed o function with limited employees.
- Home Delivery will continue.
- Construction sites where employees stay within the premises will be allowed to function in the respective premises. Contractors to ensure that no labourers move out of the construction premises.
- MGNREGS activities will be permitted throughout the state.
- Farming activities will be permitted throughout the State with strict adherence to protocols by the Health Department.
- The 1971 iTeams and Nari have been reactivated to coordinate with local farmers/ traders for the transportation of agriculture produce.
Meghalaya registered 375 new cases in the last 24 hours taking the number of active cases in East Khasi Hills to 1,583.
First Published: 8th May, 2021 21:26 IST
TOPMOST STORY NOW
Live Northeast Tonight | Manipur: Power Play11th August 2022
Live NIA arrests 9th accused in Kanhaiya Teli murder case13th August 2022
Live Author Salman Rushdie stabbed in neck at New York13th August 2022
Live M’laya: MoS Bisheswar Tudu holds review meet with Govt officials13th August 2022
Live Naga Issue: Centre must invite NSCN-IM for talks, says CM Neiphiu Rio13th August 2022
NIA arrests 9th accused in Kanhaiya Teli murder case
The accused identified as Muslim Khan, a resident of Pratapgarh in Rajasthan, allegedly played an active role in the conspiracy and was arrested13th August 2022
Naga Issue: Centre must invite NSCN-IM for talks, says CM Neiphiu Rio
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah should invite NSCN IM and go minutely about the competencies of the Framework Agreement. Rio informed that a resolution in this regard was clearly adopted by the Parliamentary Committee on Naga political issues held on July 16, […]13th August 2022
JSCC protest against Amar Chitra Katha comic for misrepresentation of Manipur history
The Joint Students’ Coordination Committee (JSCC) comprising of four student bodies of Manipur namely AMSU, MSF, KSA and SUK has criticised Amar Chitra Katha’s comic book titled “Tribal Leaders of the Freedom Struggle” for allegedly misrepresenting Manipur’s history. The special edition comic book has been published in connection with the 75th year of India’s independence. […]13th August 2022