Assam: Check full list of cabinet ministers in CM Himanta Biswa Sarma’s govt
The much awaited portfolio allocation for the new Assam Cabinet is out and while some of the ministers retained their departments the list does throw up a few surprises. Chief
The much awaited portfolio allocation for the new Assam Cabinet is out and while some of the ministers retained their departments the list does throw up a few surprises.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma will be holding the portfolios of Home, Personnel, PWD and any other department not allotted to any other minister. Sarma along with a 13-member council of ministers was sworn in by Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi on Monday.
The portfolios will be officially allocated to the ministers in the cabinet meeting scheduled to be held at 6 pm today.
State BJP president Ranjeet Kr Dass who represents the Patacharkuchi constituency has been given charge of Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
AGP president and former Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary minister Atul Bora has been given charge of the same departments held in previous government, along with Border Area Development and Assam Accord Implementation departments.
Newly elected BPF MLA Urkhao Gwra Brahma will handle Cooperation Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BTC).
Former Transport and Industries & Commerce Chandra Mohan Patowary Minister has retained his two portfolios of the previous government and has been given charge of Skill Development and Welfare of Minorities department.
Former Environment & Forests and Excise minister Parimal Shuklabaidya has been given charge of the same departments along with Fisheries.
AGP’s Keshab Mahanta who represents the Kaliabor seat will be in charge of Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Information Technology departments.
Dhemaji MLA Ranuj Pegu will take over the Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (non-BTC) department.
Here is the full list of Himanta Biswa Sarma’s cabinet:
- Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, Chief Minister, Assam – Home, Personnel, PWD, and any other Department not allotted to any other Minister
- Ranjit Kumar Dass, Minister – Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs
- Atul Bora, Minister – Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary, Border Area Development, Implementation of Assam Accord, Cooperation
- Urkhao Gwra Brahma, Minister – Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BTC)
- Chandra Mohan Patowary, Minister – Transport, Industries & Commerce, Skill Development, Welfare of Minorities
- Parimal Shuklabaidya, Minister – Environment & Forests, Fisheries, Excise
- Keshab Mahanta, Minister – Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology, Information Technology
- Ranuj Pegu, Minister – Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (non-BTC)
- Ashok Singhal, Minister – Guwahati Development, Urban Development, Irrigation
- Jogen Mohan, Minister – Revenue & Disaster Management, Hills Area Development, Mines & Minerals
- Sanjay Kishan, Minister – Welfare of Tea Tribes, Labour & Employment
- Ajanta Neog, Minister – Social Welfare, Finance
- Pijush Hazarika, Minister – Water Resources, Information & Public Relations, Parliamentary Affairs
- Bimal Bora, Minister – Sports & Youth Welfare, Cultural Affairs, Power, Tourism
First Published: 11th May, 2021 15:55 IST
TOPMOST STORY NOW
Live Watch | Northeast Tonight | Battle for Tripura￼29th September 2022
Live 3-day celebration to observe district day in Dibrugarh01st October 2022
Live Nagaland Ad Hoc teachers to continue with indefinite hunger strike01st October 2022
Live Festive fervour grips Assam on Maha Shashti01st October 2022
Live Russia has 4 new regions, Putin declares annexing Ukrainian lands01st October 2022
Festive fervour grips Assam on Maha Shashti
Today is Maha Shashti, and this auspicious occasion marks the commencement of Durga Puja festivities wherein devotees welcome Goddess Durga with pomp and gusto. Today, Goddess Durga’s deity is unveiled in front of the public. Several rituals are performed while the ‘dhakis’ keep the mood and spirit of the puja alive by playing the ‘dhak’—a […]01st October 2022
Over 80 families from Haflong seek fair compensation for 2 way Assam Mala project
Uncertainty looms large over the construction of the 2 way Assam Mala project from Haflong Tinali to Lower Haflong in Dima Hasao as over 80 families have knocked on the doors of the Gauhati High Court, seeking fair compensation for their land and crops. Families whose land, gardens, and crops stand to be lost as […]30th September 2022
Magnitude 5.6 earthquake strikes Myanmar, tremors felt in parts of NE
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck Myanmar today, in wee hours. The tremors are felt in parts of the northeast including Manipur, Nagaland and Southern Assam. According to the National Centre For Seismology, the earthquake hit Myanmar at 3:52 am at a depth of 140 km. Also Read : Assam: DC, ADC of Hojai suspended following misbehaviour […]30th September 2022
India vs SA T20: Both teams are set to hold practice session at Barsapara stadium today
Cricket fever has gripped Assam. After an impressive show in the first T20 against South Africa, India will be keen to deliver once again in the second T20. After arriving in Guwahati yesterday, the Indian cricket team and the South African team are all set to hold their respective practice sessions at the Barsapara stadium […]30th September 2022