Northeast India’s Only English and Hindi Satellite News Channel

Mobile phone explodes in man’s trouser pocket, sustains burn injuries

First Published: 19th May, 2024 12:50 IST

He suffered some serious burn injuries on his right leg and genital area.

One person has been seriously injured after a cell phone battery explosion in Assam’s Charaideo district.

The incident took place yesterday.

The man kept two mobile phones (Vivo and Samsung smartphones) in the pocket of his trousers. He was getting ready to go somewhere when the battery exploded burning him partially.

He suffered some serious burn injuries on his right leg and genital area.

He is currently undergoing treatment at the Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) Dibrugarh.

Also Read: Fire in Silchar computer institute, girl jumps from 4th floor

COMMENTS

WE RECOMMEND

Banner
Dead Man Walking? Person presumed to be dead, walks to crematorium, alive

The incident has been reported from Milanpur in Eastern Assam's Golaghat district

20th June 2024
Banner
Assam government is in constant touch with Bhutan and Arunachal over sharing of rain data: Cabinet Minister Ranoj Pegu on Assam flood preparedness

Over 2.96 lakh people across 19 districts of Assam are hit by the flood triggered by torrential rainfall over the past few days.

19th June 2024
Banner
Assam: 5 of a family killed in a massive landslide in Karimganj

Schools, colleges and other educational institutions have also been declared closed today and tomorrow in Karimganj in the wake of the alarming flood situation.

19th June 2024
Banner
Another Haj pilgrim from Assam dies in Mecca, death count rises to 5

The deceased has been identified as Jalaluddin Laskar, a resident of Gossaipur in Cachar district.

19th June 2024
Banner
Unable to bear wife’s death, Assam IPS officer shoots himself near wife’s hospital bed

Shiladitya Chetia, a 2009-batch IPS officer, reportedly shot himself with his service weapon inside the ICU where his wife was being treated.

18th June 2024