NEFIT to hold International Car Rally to boost connectivity of North East India with neighbouring countries
First Published: 25th September, 2023 17:59 IST
The BBIN Friendship Car Rally 2023 will be flagged off from Nehru Stadium, Guwahati, on September 28 at 7 a.m
The North East Federation of International Trade (NEFIT) is organizing a BIB Friendship International Car Rally 2023 starting on September 28.
The theme of the rally is “Mapping Connectivity of North East India with Neighbouring Countries in the Perspective of Building Bilateral Relations of Trade, Investment, Culture, and Historical Linkages, and to identify the practical tribulations and concerns in starting up and making the road connectivity operational between the four countries, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal.”
The BBIN Friendship Car Rally 2023 will be flagged off from Nehru Stadium, Guwahati, on September 28 at 7 a.m.
The rally will move via Gelephu-Dadgari Land Port (India-Bhutan border) to Gelephu (Bhutan), Thimphu (Bhutan), Phuentsholing-Jaigaon Land Port (India-Bhutan border), Siliguri (India), Panitanki-Kakarbitta Land Port (India-Nepal border), Mithila (Nepal), Kathmandu (Nepal), and return back to Mithila (Nepal), Kakarbitta-Panitanki Land Port (India-Nepal border), Siliguri (India), Tura (India), Dalu-Nakugoan Land Port (India-Bangladesh border), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Sylhet (Bangladesh), Tamabil-Dawki Land Port (India-Bangladesh border) and back to Guwahati (India) for the flag-down on October 9, 2023 at Guwahati.
The rally aims to:
- Sign an MOU with the chambers of the respective countries.
- Promote direct physical connectivity by road, rail, and air between North East India and neighbouring countries for more trans border trade and investments.
- Promote and harness the true trade potential of India through the North East India with neighbouring countries and to explore new markets for the produce and products of India.
- Re-establish and strengthen the age-old historical linkages, culture, and linguistic affinities of the people of the regions.
- Promote the celebration of 200 years of Assam Tea.
- Promote the opening of more border trade points between India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- Promote the advantages of setting up industrial ventures in North East India with regard to its unique geo-political location and incentives offered by various state governments in North East India.
- Promote North East India as a start-up destination for innovation and entrepreneurship, with great physical and digital infrastructure and a quick and transparent single window clearance system.
- Promote North East India as a clean, green, and eco-friendly tourist destination for high-end as well as budget travellers.
- Promote North East India as a trade destination and other bilateral trade destinations among the neighbouring countries.
Earlier, NEFIT had successfully organized three international car rallies from India to ASEAN (Association for Southeast Asian Nations) countries in the recent past.
TOPMOST STORY NOW
Live Manipur bank heist: Rs. 18.85 cr gone in 10 minutes01st December 2023
Live Eastern Sumi Hoho gets associated with ENPO01st December 2023
Live Mizoram: Rally against counting of votes on Sunday01st December 2023
Live Mizoram: Exit Poll 2023: ZPM chief Lalduhoma confident of forming Govt01st December 2023
Assam: SI, journalist arrested on charges of laundering money seized from hawala agents
The money swindled was a portion of cash recovered from the possession of residents of Rajasthan in Guwahati30th November 2023
Corruption accused Bodoland University Vice Chancellor Prof Laishram Ladusingh sent on leave
The Governor's Office has issued an order informing that Pradip Kumar Patra, Rector and the senior most Professor of the University will be in-charge temporarily as the Vice Chancellor.30th November 2023
Four ULFA-I cadres surrender at Assam Police Headquarters in Guwahati
The cadres surrendered in the presence of Assam Director General of Police GP Singh, along with Special DGP Harmeet Singh and other top police officials.29th November 2023
Uttarakhand: All 41 trapped workers including two from Assam rescued successfully from Silkyara tunnel
The locals distributed sweets outside the Silkyara tunnel as trapped workers were being rescued from the tunnel.28th November 2023