Assam: E-commerce delivery allowed from 6 AM to 6 PM
The Assam Government has allowed the delivery of e-commerce items from 6 AM to 6 PM during the extended COVID-19 lockdown. A notification issued by Assam chief secretary Kumar Sanjay
The Assam Government has allowed the delivery of e-commerce items from 6 AM to 6 PM during the extended COVID-19 lockdown.
A notification issued by Assam chief secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna stated, “E-commerce delivery is allowed between 6 am and 6 pm only, however, backend activities and personnel engaged therein are allowed at all times”
Standalone shops and business establishments were allowed in Assam in green zones during the daytime from Monday.
The state has been limping back to normal life after buses with due approval from Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) started to operate from Monday.
Offices—both government and private also resumed their works following the government protocols.
Following are the key points from the notification issued by the principal secretary on Tuesday:
- All industries and their supply chain are allowed to operate in the state without the need for any specific order. All personnel working therein are allowed to commute to work at all times.
- Tea industries and workers engaged therein are allowed to operate at all times.
- Warehouses are allowed to operate at all times and personnel required for their operation are allowed to move at all times.
- All activities related to PDS operations. FCI warehouses, Railways, LPG and Petroleum delivery services and workers and staff engaged therein are allowed to operate at all times.
- E-commerce delivery is allowed between 6 am and 6 pm only, however, backend activities and personnel engaged therein are allowed at all times.
- All automobile dealerships and outlets are allowed to operate between 6 am and 5 pm
- Supply chain related to essential food items like milk, fish and other perishables including workers engaged therein are allowed to operate at all times.
- All essential services including conservancy services by municipal bodies and other government agencies are allowed at all times.
- Private offices located in the same building as that of a mall are allowed to operate but shops in the same building will not be allowed to open.
- Shops in market complex are allowed to operate with two shops closed between two open shops. However, grocery shops, pharmacies and medical establishments situated therein are allowed to open on all days during the permitted hours.
- All shops in rural areas, except in malls, are permitted to remain open, without any distinction of essential and non-essential.
- All types of goods carrying vehicles are allowed to ply at all times.
- All construction activities including highway construction, flood control works are allowed at all times.
- Bank employees are allowed to move beyond 6 pm depending on necessity.
- Large stand-alone shops are allowed to operate with limited number of entrants.
- Media persons and persons engaged in printing newspaper and persons engaged in newspaper distribution are allowed to operate beyond the restricted time as per necessity.
First Published: 5th May, 2020 20:14 IST
TOPMOST STORY NOW
Live Northeast Tonight | Manipur: Power Play11th August 2022
Live Assam Police thwart attempts to disrupt peace in Nagaland’s Mon district15th August 2022
Live Northeast celebrates India’s 75 years of freedom with much gaiety15th August 2022
Live Manipur Patriots Day: Rich floral tributes paid to Charai Thangal14th August 2022
Live Tickets may not be issued to MLAs who joins BJP: Ernest Mawrie14th August 2022
Northeast celebrates India’s 75 years of freedom with much gaiety
The Har Ghar Tiranga campaign has made the celebrations even more special this year with the tricolor dotting homes, streets, towns, and cities.15th August 2022
Assam: OIL imposes sunset laws till I-Day celebrations
All OIL Officials and Employees have been advised to remain extra alert and take possible departmental measures to counter the threat to the installations.14th August 2022
ULFA-I planning to target several key installations on I-Day: Assam Police
Singh said that the police has taken note of a possible law and order scenario given the boycott call by the militant outfit for I-Day.12th August 2022
10 police officers from NE conferred with HM’s Medal for Excellence
4 police officers from Assam and 1 each from Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura have been conferred with the medal.12th August 2022