Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma chaired a cabinet meeting in Guwahati on Wednesday. Several key decisions were taken during the cabinet meeting.
The decisions taken in the Assam cabinet meeting are as follows:
- From now onwards, the state anthem ‘O Mur Apunar Dekh’ will be played at the beginning of all government programmes, meetings etc while national anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’ will be played at the end.
– Only hand woven ‘gamosa’ of state’s weavers will be used from now onwards in the government programmes.
– Only traditional food items like pitha etc will be served in the government programmes from now onwards.
- Deshbhakta Tarun Ram Phukan’s death anniversary on July 28 will be observed every year as Desh Bhakti Divas. Information and Public Relations Dept will organise various activities in the districts and sub-divisions to mark the occasion.
- Death anniversary of Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi on August 5 will be observed every year as Karmachari Divas. 5 Non-gazetted employees of the State Government at district level and 10 at state level will be awarded on Karmachari Divas based on their performances.
- Guardian Ministers and guardian secretaries, in charge of those districts where containment zones have been declared, will travel to their respective districts and stay there for 3 days to monitor and oversee the situation.
– Due to work constraints, Industry Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary will visit those districts for which Health Minister Keshab Mahanta is the guardian minister while Power Minister Bimal Bora will visit those districts for which Finance Minister Ajanta Neog is guardian minister.
- Cabinet welcomed the notice of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) asking all the states/UTs to extend the validity of the TET certificate for the lifetime from existing 7-year period. As per the notice, the State Government will take final decision in the matter. Upper age limit in recruitment will apply for availing the lifetime validity by TET qualified candidates.
- Cabinet decided that State Government employees will have to clear all unpaid power bills till July 2021 and submit NOC to their concerned departments for drawing salary for the month of July.