Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, the Assam government on Wednesday issued a fresh set of guidelines imposing more restrictions from May 13. According to the fresh set of SOPs, curfew timings has been extended.
Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah and DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta listed the fresh Standard Operating Procedures that will come into effect from 2 PM tomorrow.
“Anyone violating the SOPs will be dealt with strong hands,” Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta said.
“Anyone found organising functions during this period, would be charged with attempt to murder case,” added the DGP.
As per the latest order, all offices, religious places and weekly markets have been shut for 15 days in urban and semi-urban areas of the state. Movement of people from 2 PM to 5 AM has also been prohibited.
Here’s the complete order:
1. All Shops and Commercial Establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
2. Weekly Haats / Bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
3. All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities must provide quality virtual options. No Physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
4. All Offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days.
5. Government / Semi-Government Officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and Senior Executives in Non- Government Sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office up to 1 PM only for emergency and essential works. However, Points 4 and 5 will not be applicable for Organizations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work.
6. In case the Test positivity of COVID-19 in any Area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such Areas as the Containment Zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
7. Marriages and Religious functions will be only Private affairs and be allowed with the presence of a Maximum of 10 (Ten) Persons. No reception Parties will be allowed post or Pre-Marriage.
8. Funeral / Last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 Persons.
9. All Religious Places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the Religious head of a Religious place or his
representative may perform minimal Religious Rituals/ Prayers during this period of closure.
10. All Public Transport will be allowed to operate only up to 30% of seating capacity.
11. Auto Rickshaws, Cycle Rickshaws and Taxis shall operate with One Driver and Two Passengers.
12. Pillion Riding will be Totally prohibited in Two-Wheelers, except with Women and Children.
13. All Vehicles other than Government Vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an ODD-EVEN Formula to be decided by the Jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5 AM to 2 PM. However, this restriction shall not apply to Personal Vehicles used for Medical Emergencies.
14. There shall be a Total Ban on Movement of Individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM Daily.