As many as five buildings and eight shops were completely gutted in a major fire that broke out at the town area of Mon district during the early hours of Monday.
Of the five buildings, three of which belonged to Holy Cross Public school in Mon district were also engulfed by the blazing inferno. All school files and documents were burnt into ashes.
No casualty has been reported so far. The fire was later brought under control around 3 am in the morning with the help of the general public, fire fighters, police and army personnel.
The cause of fire is suspected to be due to an electric short circuit.
Meanwhile, the Konyak Students Union in a circular has requested individuals, associations, groups and well wishers to extend their support to the student community for early restoration and resuming of their normal classes.