In Assam, the National People’s Party (NPP) on Thursday announced its second list of candidates for the upcoming State Assembly elections.
The Conrad Sangma-led regional party in its first list announced the names of 5 candidates.
Bhaben Baruah has been given party ticket to contest the Chabua seat while Arbin Kumar Baruah will contest the Jorhat Assembly seat. Abhu Sahid Md. Zakir Hussain will contest from Badarpur.
Two other candidates include Velcome Teron and Biri Joy for Baithalangso and Naoboicha seat respectively.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the party has selected the following candidates for the elections:
- Bokajan – David Seb Rengma
- Howraghat – Chomang Teron
- Diphu – Rajen Timung
- Mankachar – Aminul Islam
- Bongaigaon – Prabhat Baisnab
- Goalapara West – Abdul Baten Shikdar
- Guwahati East – Raj Prasad Saikia
- Goalpara East – Abdul Kalam Hussain