As the NPP-led MDA government in Meghalaya completed three years in office on Monday, Chief Minister Conrad Sangma, gave a short presentation on the achievements and future projects of the Meghalaya Democratic Alliance.

“With new targets being set for the next two years, the government will work relentlessly to fulfill the aspirations of our people. We continue with their faith and blessings,” said Conrad Sangma after releasing a booklet titled “Meghalaya On The Move” to mark the MDA government’s third year in office.

Briefing newspersons after a cabinet meeting, CM Sangma acknowledged that the MDA government has received criticism from various corners without looking at what the government has achieved so far. However, terming the criticism as personal opinions the Chief Minister said it is fair for the government to show what it has achieved so far.

Conrad also added that the devolution and the funds the State government is receiving from the finance commission recommendations is encouraging, as it will lead to more positive work in terms of overall development in the state.

Reacting on the allegations of misappropriation and misuse of public funds amounting to over Rs 60 crore in the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council on which a Lokayukta probe has been ordered, Sangma said that there is a lot of accountability that’s why the state has seen the Lokayukta probe.

Sangma also added that the State has jumped up from a Rs 700 crore budget to Rs 1600 crore budget in the last three or four years, he added this would not have been possible if work progress was not going in the right way.