The Asom Jatiya Parishad (AJP) on Friday released its first list of candidates for the upcoming assembly polls in Assam.
The new regional party have announced the name of candidates for 18 seats.
Former AASU General Secretary and AJP president Luring Jyoti Gogoi will contest from Duliajan, while general secretary Jagadish Bhuyan will contest from Sadia.
The party has forged an alliance with the Raijor Dal, led by anti-CAA activist Akhil Gogoi, for the three-phased state assembly elections.
Here's the list:
- Sadia – Jagadish Bhuyan
- Duliajan – Lurinjyoti Gogoi
- Sarupathar – Raju Phukan
- Dhemaji – Chittaranjan Basumatary
- Khumtai – Pawan Saikia
- Dhekiajuli – Shatrughna Sasoni
- Rangapara – Ajay Tanti
- Dhing – Anjar Hussain
- Batradava – Arup Kumar Saikia
- Dergaon – Ananda Chandra Das
- Nazira – Ribulaya Gogoi
- Thaora – Dipen Tanti
- Bihpuria – Achyut Saikia
- Dibrugarh – Ajit Buragohain
- Mariani – Rajiv Kunar Hazarika
- Tinisukia – Samsher Singh
- Dhakuakhana – Satyajit Regon
- Margherita – Sanjay Kumar Deb
Earlier today, ruling party BJP also announced its combined list of candidates for the first and second phase of Assam assembly polls. The party will contest in 92 seats while alliance partners AGP and UPPL will contest in 26 and 8 seats respectively.