The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) has reached the final stage to decide the seat-sharing for the upcoming Assam assembly elections.

NEDA convenor and senior BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma told media persons in Guwahati that the two allies have arrived at a 99 percent consensus.

Sarma said that the issue of seat-sharing among AGP, BJP and UPPL would be finalised following two separate meetings with union home minister Amit Shah and BJP national president JP Nadda in New Delhi on Wednesday evening.

“So, 99 percent issues have been agreed upon. The remaining 1 percent will be discussed in Delhi. Such things need discussion with central leadership,” Dr. Sarma said.

The minister stated that the leaders from the allies would meet home minister Shah in his residence at 5 PM today. At 7 PM, there will be another meeting with BJP national president JP Nadda.

Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal and finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma will also attend the meetings.