A house was gutted in a fire incident in Kohima’s Middle PWD colony on Saturday, causing damage to property worth 18 lakhs.

While no casualty has been reported in the incident, it has been learned that properties worth lakhs have been damaged.

According to reports, the cause of the accident was suspected to have been a short circuit.

Meanwhile, eyewitnesses maintained that the timely intervention of the Nagaland Fire and Emergency Services or the NFES prevented the fire from spreading further to nearby places.