The Assam government on Friday issued fresh guidelines for COVID-19 unlock in the state. Lifting of weekend lockdown and night curfew are among the fresh guidelines and will remain in force till midnight of September 30.
“Weekend lockdown and night curfew have been lifted, however, please adhere to all the Covid-19 protocols to keep yourself safe and others around you safe,” Krishna tweeted.
While most activities have been allowed outside containment zones, schools, colleges, education and coaching institutes will remain closed for regular classes till September 30.
Here is the list of revised guidelines:
- All the schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutes for regular class activities in Assam will remain closed till September 30.
- Students of class 9 to 12 are allowed to visit their schools on voluntary basis and with written consent of parents for guidance from teachers only.
- 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff are allowed to attend educational institutions at a time for on line teaching/ tele-counselling and related works only in areas outside of Containment Zones.
- Skill and entrepreneurship training will be permitted with strict compliance of COVID-19 protocols and in line with guidelines issued by the ministry of home affairs.
- Higher educational institutions are allowed to operate only for research and unavoidable laboratory and experimental works.
- This will be allowed only on issue of necessary Sop by Department of Higher Education.
- Public Transport will be allowed to operate from 7 September, 2020, with strict compliance of social distancing and other COVID protocols.
- Social/ academic/ sports/entertainment cultural/ religious functions shall be allowed with gathering of maximum of 100 persons at a time with effect from September 21 with mandatory wearing of face cover and maintenance of all other COVID protocols already issued.
- Marriage related gatherings shall be restricted to 50 persons and last rite related gatherings shall be restricted to 20 persons at a time which will continue to remain in force till September 20 after which 100 persons shall be allowed to gather.
- Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools, entertainment parks, theatres and similar places will remain closed.
- Lockdown shall remain in force in all Containment Zones till September 30.
- There will be no restrictions on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate pass/ permits etc. shall be required for the same.
The state government has also issued few advisories for the public:
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 are advised to stay at home except for medical emergencies.
- Citizens are advised to download the Aarogya Setu application in compatible mobile phones and post regular update of their health status on the same.
- Any person violating any of the guidelines as enumerated above is liable to be prosecuted under relevant sections of Disaster Management Act and also under section 188 of IPC.
- Any person not wearing face cover and spitting in public places shall be fined Rs. 1,000 on the spot besides being prosecuted under relevant provisions of law.