The Assam government on Thursday issued a fresh set of guidelines for the third phase of Unlock with relaxations on night curfew and inter-district movement.
According to an order issued by chief secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna, the fresh guidelines will come into force from 5 am on August 16 and will remain effective till 9:30 pm of August 31.
Earlier movement of individuals was prohibited from 6 pm to 6 am, but now the timing has been changed from 9:30 pm to 5 pm allowing more time to open businesses and movement of people.
Meanwhile, in view of Independence Day celebrations movement of individuals will be allowed on Saturday, August 15 between 6 am and 5 pm subject to maintenance of COVID-19 protocols including social distancing, hand hygiene and wearing of face masks at public places.
Read details here:
- All permitted activities mentioned in our earlier orders shall continue to be allowed between 5 AM and 9-00 PM between Monday and Friday. Restrictions of one side of the street is withdrawn.
- Inter-District movement of passenger vehicles and people are allowed between Monday and Friday only. Inter-District movement of vehicles is allowed with 50% capacity.
- City buses are allowed subject to maintenance of all COVID-19 protocols and social distancing and with 50% capacity.
- Public transport is allowed subject to maintenance of all COVID-19 protocols and social distancing with 50% capacity.
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9-30 PM (2130Hrs) and 5-00 AM (0500 Hrs).
- Spitting in public places, consumption of tobacco and liquor products shall be strictly prohibited.
- Social Political Sports/ Entertainment Academic Religious functions and other large congregations numbering more than 50 persons shall remain prohibited.
- Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools, Entertainment Parks, Theatres, Auditoriums, Assembly Halls and similar places of public gathering shall remain closed.
- No activities are allowed in Containment Zones and entry and exit from such zones are strictly prohibited.
- No movement of individuals shall be allowed on Saturday and Sunday at any time all over the State.
Persons above 65 years of age and children below the age of ten years are advised to stay indoors except for unavoidable health reasons.
Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and public transport etc. Violation will attract a fine of Rs. 1000/- for the first offence.