The Assam Government has conducted 10 thousand COVID-19 tests on Tuesday, taking the total number of tests to 2.27 lakh.
Assam Finance and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma confirmed that another 10,000 tests have been completed in the past 24 hours.
Sarma took to social media to make the announcement, “Extremely pleased to share that we have completed a record 10,000 testing today, taking our total #Covid19 tests to 2.27 lakh. My compliments to our wonderful team of front line workers, doctors, scientists and officers who have achieved this feat.”
The number of tests conducted per COVID-19 testing centre are:
- Jorhat Medical College and Hospital (JMCH) – 27,229
- Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH) – 21,315
- Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) – 39,710
- Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) – 11,992
- Tezpur Medical College and Hospital (TMCH) – 26,490
- FAA Medical College and Hospital (FAAMCH) – 35,045
- Diphu Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) – 481
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Science and Technology (IASST) – 4,295
- Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC-ICMR) – 20,476
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) – 1,167
- North East Institute of Science & Technology (NEIST) – 109
Of the total 2,27,109 samples, 38,800 have been outsourced to other states for testing purposes.