As coronavirus fear spreads across the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday tweeted that he would not participate in this year’s Holi celebrations to avoid mass gatherings.
Taking to Twitter, PM Modi said, ‘Experts across the world have advised to reduce mass gatherings to avoid the spread of COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus. Hence, this year I have decided not to participate in any Holi Milan program’.
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah also decided to not participate in any Holi celebrations this year.
Taking to the twitter, Shah said, ‘Holi is a very important festival for we Indians but in the wake of Coronavirus, I have decided not to participate in any Holi Milan celebrations this year.’
The Home Minister also urged everyone to avoid public gatherings amid Coronavirus scare in the Country.
More than 28 cases of the deadly novel Coronavirus have been reported in India so far, the Union Health Ministry said today. He announced that all international passengers would be screened at airports henceforth.