Guwahati is gearing up to host the Indo-Japan Annual Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe on Dec 15.
It will be for the first time that the capital city of Assam will host a summit between prime ministers of two nations.
Besides the summit, Prime Minister Modi and PM Abe will pay tributes to the Japanese soldiers who died in World War II at the India Peace Memorial in Imphal.
Here’s all that you need to know about the meeting between the two world leaders:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe will arrive at the Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in their respective aircrafts on the morning of Dec 15. They will then head straight to the colonial-era erstwhile DC Bungalow which has now been renamed the Bahniman Brahmaputra River Heritage Bungalow.
- The two leaders will then enjoy the sights and sounds of the Brahmaputra waterfront from the bungalow premises. It will also be the first time that they will sit face-to-face during this years meeting.
- PM Modi and Japanese Prime Minister Abe will then take a Brahmaputra river cruise on the beautiful and traditionally crafted houseboat MV Rudra Singha.
- The two leaders will then dine at the Brahmaputra River Heritage Bungalow where they are expected to sit for a preliminary round of dialogue.
- Modi and Abe will then leave for the Radisson Blu hotel for the business summit that will be co-hosted by the CII.
- After the summit, the two leaders will finish their dinner at Radisson Blu after the end of the business summit. While Prime Minister Modi will stay at Radisson Blu that night, Shinzo Abe and other members of the Japanese delegation will stay at the Vivanta By Taj.
- The two leaders will travel to Imphal on Dec 16 where they will pay their tributes to the Japanese soldiers who died during World War II at the India Peace Memorial in the Manipur capital.
- The two leaders are expected to sign several important pacts during the summit in Guwahati.