At least 75 people fell ill after consuming food at a private function in Assam’s  Sadiya.

The food poisoning took place after the guests consumed grams and pulses at the house of a local resident, Jiten Kutum. As the condition of the people deteriorated, the affected were taken to the Tinsukia Public Hospital.

Among those affected are 16 women including children and have been taken to Dibrugarh Medical College and Hospital.

Meanwhile, after the incident, police raided the shop from where the grams and pulses were bought.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.