In a rather tragic incident, an electrician died in the Gobindbari area of Tripura on Friday after he was electrocuted.
The deceased identified as Paritush Paul, had gone to Gobindbari to repair the area’s power connections which had been disrupted due to inclement weather. Paul and his fellow workers had asked the local power authorities to disconnect the faulty line’s power connection.
On receiving a green signal from the power authorities, Paritush Paul climbed the electric pole. However, as a result of sheer negligence on the part of the authorities, Paul was electrocuted.
Post the incident, the Shantir bazar police rushed to the spot and admitted Paritush to the hospital where he eventually succumbed to his injuries. The episode has created sensation among the locals who are demanding an immediate probe into the incident and are insisting that the culprits be brought to book at the earliest.