An elephant was electrocuted after it came in contact with a live wire transmitting 11,000 volts of electricity in Sonapur.
However what is concerning is the fact that the wire was dangerously hanging at a height of 5 feet from the ground.
Apprehensions are that two more jumbos of the same herd that are still venturing in the area may also fall prey to the live wire.
Forest officials arrived at the spot for assessing the situation and prevent recurrence of such an incident.
Meanwhile, an elephant calf was found dead at Deusur in Burha Pahar range of the Kaziranga National Park.
Locals suspect that the calf was hit by speeding vehicle while crossing the national highway.