At least 19 houses were reduced to ashes after a devastating fire broke out at the densely populated area of Zhimo Colony in Dimapur, Nagaland on Friday night.
It has been suspected that the fire broke due to bursting of an electric rice cooker. The residents had a close escape as the spot where the fire broke out was only a few meters away from a gas agency.
Fire tenders soon rushed to the spot and managed to douse the fire, preventing further devastation. Army personnel also assisted locals in moving to safer places. However, no casualties have been reported.